• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reconsideration Tier

2 posts in this topic

Does NGC have or will it implement in the near future a reconsideration tier whereby a coin is not cracked out from the original slab when being submitted for a regrade or designation review? I have a few coins in older NGC holders that I believe would garner designations not offered in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but are available today. If NGC doesn't have one, I do believe that there would be collector demand for it. :) Many of the early NGC holders have become collectible in their own right.

• Administrator

NGC recently introduced an evaluation tier for show submissions.

Under the new Evaluation tier, coins certified by NGC will be kept in their original holders unless the coin meets one of several specifications provided by the submitter.

Full details may be found at the following link:

NGC INTRODUCES EVALUATION TIER FOR SHOW SUBMISSIONS

The Evaluation service is initially available for all US coins submitted at most NGC on-site grading events only. Contact NGC Customer Service at Service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (642-2646) to confirm availability.