• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 "perfect" set comes home. posted by Kamakazy

9 posts in this topic

I see three slabs sitting next to each other - but it's not a "set?" Where they packaged together? Once removed, you've lost all evidence of the coins being issued together.

Actually this is a rare instance where you can prove they came from the same set--NGC only gave the 25th anniversary label if the box was unopened--and since the numbers are sequential, it shows that they were the 5 coins from that unopened box that arrived at ngc.....

Although I highly doubt this was the only set where all 5 coins got a perfect 70 from ngc in those anniversary sets....

PS: For what it's worth-- the year 2011 was also the 26th year that ASE's were issued, not the 25th anniversary at all, so the us mint, ngc slabs and others promoting the "25th anniversary" are actually wrong...

This is not the only 2011 set to get all 70 grades, but may well be the only set of NGC 70's with the Brown Labels, as just about all of them got the blue Early Release labels.

Until someone posts otherwise, this is the only known set brown label or other, that came from 1 submission of 5 coins that were slabbed IN Order as they were presented in the mint box and are sequential 001-005, and all 70.

Sure there are plenty of 70 sets pieced together from bulk submissions, but still have yet to find a second set graded like this one. Richard recently came close.

And yes I was the submitter and have the original submission form.

Kamakazy,

I think this is absolutely wonderful. I know how hard it is to accomplish it. I have a friend who is attempting a line of coins, which when fin'd may be an "only" set like yours...

He only needs one more coin and I found it for him and am negotiating right now to get it. I may even take a loss because of the way I must obtain the coin for him. I don't care, in this case, the hunt and capture is important. More than a few bucks between friends.

Now I have one thing to say, and I mean it humorously.

As you know I have been in a hot debate about the green beans. What if I got the same set together, and got it all 'beaned'? Would mine be better than yours? What if one of yours didn't get 'beaned"?

I think this beany wearing went out with the nerds of the 50's What do you think?

Again congrats, I know an award is being printed for you.

CaptBrian