• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Commem Albums

13 posts in this topic

I bought these two albums when I thought I wanted to start a set. Found I would rather put the money into other ventures so am offering these at the same price I paid...here and only here.

Two albums titled 'The American Coin Album' made by M. Meghrig & Sons, slightly larger then 9" X 6". Two rings. First album has 6 Wayte Raymond pages each holding 10 coins with front/back clear sliders and starts with the 1892 Columbian, ends with the 1936 Lynchburg. Second album has 7 W.R. pages starting with the 1936-D Arkansas ending with the 1947-D BTW (they put the D mint last instead of second). The 6th page has 2 blanks and the 7th is totally blank for a total of 12 coins so should be enough to finish the set.

These two albums are in mint condition and I doubt they were ever used. The sliders appear yellowish in the pages, but pull them out and they are crystal clear with very minor hairline scratches. No pen/pencil marks, stains, rips, tears, just minor wear to the albums front/back pages where they fold open.

$125. (shipping included). Pics upon request. Don't have the time as of this offer or I would have included them.

Ok---didn't expect to get one response let alone three! So here are the pics.

709316-ECA001.jpg

709321-ECA003.jpg

709322-ECA004.jpg

709324-ECA005.jpg

709326-ECA006.jpg

709327-ECA007.jpg

709330-ECA008.jpg

These last two show the only wear to any part of either album.

So here's the problem. Three interested parties. Three different "interested posts" times. Chris has bowed out as he misunderstood the sale. James and Hayden, don't know how to solve the dilemma of being fair to both of you. James, you are now first in line for them as you posted ahead of Hayden but haven't made any commitment to either and no response to my emails.

What would be fair to both of you---hold a one bid secret auction? Suggestions? One album apiece? blush.gif

Hayden, I'm sorry I put up the offer as I think I may have gotten more thru eBay! Only reason I didn't is because I already did that about four months ago and got 0, zilch, nada uno single bid at a $100 BIN! Darn it all! frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Probably would have made some nice toners

Yup, I think they'd a done a real good job of that! Will have to keep in touch with James to see if his does!

Hayden, I'm sorry I put up the offer as I think I may have gotten more thru eBay! Only reason I didn't is because I already did that about four months ago and got 0, zilch, nada uno single bid at a $100 BIN! Darn it all! frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Probably would have made some nice toners

Yup, I think they'd a done a real good job of that! Will have to keep in touch with James to see if his does!

I wouldn't have been interested in the albums 4 months ago,so it's probably a matter of supply and demand.As I'm sure that Braddick,James and I would have been battleing for them on eBay. Maybe you should offer your items for sale on the boards first.If several people are intersted put it on eBay and send the folks links.If you don't get any interest put it on eBay anyway 27_laughing.gif

-Hayden

BTW I bet James is going to stick all his Texas commems and let them sit for a year.They'll probably turn out to be beauties popcorn.gif