• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Mix Up? Slanted 5 - Upright 5 ... You be the judge.

11 posts in this topic

Here is the coin in someone's registry set that is listed on the label and represented in the NGC Coin Explorer as being an "Upright 5".

Save you some Mouse clicks unless to verify my photo of it.

That looks like a slanted 5 to me.

What say you?

NGC-Error.jpg

If you rotate the coin 20 degrees, it's upright. Is there a "rotated register" thingy?

Rotate it 180 degrees -- now it's a upside down "5" - clearly worth a bunch of bonus points for something....

That is the "slanted 5" and as such it is more common, probably much more common, than the "straignt 5." The person who has this piece gets the benefit of extra registry points for something he does not have.

I think there are enough "yea" votes to find out who this derelict is and burn them at the stake!

The nerve of some people. They just "had" to have that 8 point advantage over the next collector less fortunate enough not to have a 'upright 5' in their collection, and in the process they have deliberately attempted to thwart the sacred rules of the most hallowed ground on this campus; The Registry! :devil:

I am so appalled -- my witch hunt will have to wait for another day when I have had time to calm down. :mad:

And so goes another episode in "The Days Of Our Lives".

;)

That is the italic "5"

Is that going to be the name for your next Clark Gruber Silver Bar?

"The Italic 5" The Daniel Carr 5 oz bar

:grin: