• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transfering photos to my website

2 posts in this topic

In my ongoing struggle with technology, I think I'm in the final stage of learning to how to post coin photos online.

My new digital camera's working fine.I've got coin photos and Am ready to transfer.

I just created my own website on AOL. The question now is...How do I transfer photos from my hard drive to my website and then to my posts on this forum? Twowood

On AOL, you will have to go to the "My FTP" area; you can find it by using "my ftp" in the keyword search. Once there, you can use the "Upload Files" button to transfer files from your hard drive to your personal FTP site, which is different than your home page; just follow the directions. If you want to add an image to a post in the forum just click on the Image link below the dialog box. Insert the URL of the image between the inside brackets. It will be of the format http://members.aol.com/username/directory/filename, where username is your AOL screenname, directory is a location that you can create in your FTP site, and the filename is the actual filename of the image.

The easiest way to get this is to click on the image after you have uploaded it. Once it's displayed, right click on the image and then select "Properties". Within the properties box the actual URL of the image will be displayed. Using the mouse, highlight the URL, right click on the highlighted area and select copy. You can then paste it between the image brackets in your post. Let me know if you still have questions.