• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Professional opinion needed at the upcoming Baltimore show

11 posts in this topic

I need someone like physics_fan3.14 or RWB even with the eccentric comments that I'm finally beginning understand to preview a coin for me. Prefer someone brutally honest or even rude.

This started out as a compliment to the posters cited, but now I am not so sure...

Sorry meant only as compliments. I bow to Physics and his GREAT book. RWB and I have exchanged several PM's and decided he's an aquired taste that Ive finally understanding and very much appreciate. I'm sure they both know this but after reading my post I can see what you mean; I should have been clearer. I just prefer VERY direct people that tell me what they think and not just what I want to hear. I highly value 99% of the advice here. I hope this clears it up.

Thanks

David

**My first attempt above was to be some one I'm not; a blunt, direct borderline crude person. But that's just not me. In my business 4 of my 5 customers have been with me for over 20 years and this is the method they use with me which brings out my absolute best work. They except nothing but the best, period. Not until I complete a car do they do show appreciation with over the top perks and accolades.

There's a well know numamistis that has told me twice in the last six months NOT to buy or bid on a coin because he felt a better example will come along and their employer is fine with this sylte. That's the definition of integrity to me. And that's what I'm looking for an opinion from; not someone just wanting to make a buck or get a free meal.

If anyone reads the above and is offended then they're clearly not who I'm looking to assist me.

I live in NY and will be viewing the lots next week. I collect Morgan dollars but only business strikes. I'd be happy to look for you, just send me the lot number.

Proof Morgan dolllars are not rare. If you can't get a highly qualified sight-seen opinion, I hope you will be patient and wait for another opportunity when you can do so. ;)

Mark, are you saying I'm not highly qualified? ;)

(Obviously I am not when it comes to proofs, but I find the juxtaposition of the comments amusing.)

(Obviously I am not when it comes to proofs, but I find the juxtaposition of the comments amusing.)

David, I have no idea whether you're qualified. :devil:

"...he's an acquired taste..."

That's why I've never been eaten by dinosaurs! :)

If Mark will be there, he is a good choice. Julian Liedman will be in Baltimore and he will be completely direct with you about the coin. You would have to discuss the item with whomever you select.

(Sorry, but I stay out of the commercial end of coins and don't do lot examinations for collectors. However, thanks for the kind thoughts.)

David, I have no idea whether you're qualified. :devil:

I have a feeling I'm going to have a LOT of questions about the Central States auction. :)

My first thought - Tom B. (Tom Bush Numismatics) - isn't listing a table at Baltimore, but it is always worth sending him a PM to double check. He regularly advertises this service.

Another excellent choice would be emailing Bill Shamhart of Numismatic Americana, Inc., and see if he would do it for you. I do know that he is listed as having a table there. He was one of the first NGC graders and is currently one of the three CAC graders/reviewers.