• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beautiful German State Toners

7 posts in this topic

I hope you guys enjoy the new pics

I've really enjoyed reading all the recent journals regarding toned coins. You guys inspired me to finally take the time to post some decent pictures of my German State 2M, 3M, & 5M coins including my latest addition shown below. It's a beautiful 1909 Saxony 5 mark celebrating the 500th Anniversary of Leipzig University.

When you have time please check out all of my other toned German State coins by clicking the link below:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=41997

They are best viewed by clicking the slideshow tabs.

16450.JPG

See more journals by Z16Z06

Not sure Friedrich II would like to be called "quarrelsome" on a coin. He might pick a fight over that!

Nice coin! Great detailing on both sides. What's on the edge?

That's an interesting observation. Just to clarify we are talking about Friederich August III and not II. Some translations use "Warlike" instead of "quarrelsome". He did have an extensive military career prior to his accession to the throne. Maybe some of our other members will know more.

The edge lettering says:

GOTT MIT UNS or GOD WITH US