• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lost 55 points on my proof Ikes?

11 posts in this topic

...Sorry...I found 50 points in the local 7-11 parking lot. You can have them if you want. They're a little squished, though.... ;)

No expert but I think every so often they change the way they calculate the point values.

Aren't these based one some sort of complicated algorithm that supposedly weighs rarity and value (within series) in assigning points? If so, reduced prices could be the cause.

No expert but I think every so often they change the way they calculate the point values.

Aren't these based one some sort of complicated algorithm that supposedly weighs rarity and value (within series) in assigning points? If so, reduced prices could be the cause.

That is what I have been told by NGC Registry

If not for the answers to the OP I would have NO CLUE what the original question was about.

jom

Points get re-calculated all the time.

Many of the points for modern issues are so ridiculously out of whack that a complete overhaul is necessary.

+1

I agree, but I am wonder if it is by design since moderns probably constitute a huge fraction of TPG submissions.