• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prophecies on coin values: hit or miss?

11 posts in this topic

I found this one on eBay today.

Let's see if it shoots past $700 to the prophesied $5,000 to $15,000 mark by closing time tomorrow. wink.gif

27_laughing.gif

Perhaps if it were one of the gold Sackies that flew on the Space Shuttle? (Then it might be worth $250 or more! laugh.gif)

Hoot

Prophecy:

If you can get a Goodacre dollar for $650 go for it. That is an EXTREMELY good buy that falls just below the lower band in the market structure. Good luck though--every few weeks a $650 comes up and is bought up before being available through the search function for more than 20 minutes. $850 for a signed presentation dollar is also a pretty good price. I would recommend paying about $700 for one. I think we're looking at either a) exponential growth to $5K (remember, the price went from $460 to $760 between Dec. 25th 2000 and Jan 5 2001 and could happen again) but I would say more likely b) fairly steady growth coming up to $1500-$2000 ($2000-$2500 for signed) by the end of the series in a few years.

eBay results for signed Goodacre Sac today: $377

Now we need to hunt down and stone the false prophet. tonofbricks.gif

Now we need to hunt down and stone the false prophet. tonofbricks.gif

What, the false prophet wasn't stoned when they wrote that? blush.gif

Hoot

if you are going to buy a coin in the slab say for $377.00 i would like it to be worth at least 70% of its value $264.00 out of the slab

if not then let the buyer beware

what is this goodacre sac dollar worth out of the holder??

michael

Please note that this was a Goodacre in a signed slab. They sell for more than one in an unsigned holder or one out of a holder. Making sure a coin in question is really a Goodacre presentation coin is part of the problem, so you'd have to find a buyer with enough expertise to see the coin in question in person and pay accordingly.

I chose this example as another "flash in the pan" coin. I see prices continuing to go down on these.