• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a description error on 1973 Cook Island $5

2 posts in this topic

Hello. I want toask and if you could clear this up for me. I went to your price guide section just to check the coin details. I would appear that this 1977 $5 prooflike is part of the endangered species series. Reading the notes on the description it says that these have an edge inscription: Edge Lettering: Wildlife Conservation. My coin does not have any edge lettering its just a normal reeded edge.

So my question is did they make any of these without edge inscription. Or has Krause made a publication error? I hope you can help on this.

Thanks Zoo

• Administrator

Thank you for contacting us. The KM book does list it only with the lettered edge so you may have either an error coin or some kind of trial strike that's not in the book. We suggest you contact Krause with information on this coin.