• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay, Class Action Lawsuit

7 posts in this topic

Since I got this email I guess I'm in the Class:

A.

SUMMARY:

The suit is entitled Richard Noll and Rhythm Motor Sports, LLC v. eBay Inc., Case No. 5:11-CV-04585 (EJD), and alleges that eBay did not adequately explain that fees for the Good ‘Til Cancelled listing duration (“GTC Listings”) would be charged every 30 days.

The Court has preliminarily approved a settlement (the “Settlement”) in which eBay has agreed to pay $6.4 million for (1) partial reimbursement of “Disputed Fees”(i.e. Insertion Fees and Optional Feature Fees incurred after the initial 30-day period of a GTC Listing); (2) administrative costs of the Settlement, which are currently estimated at $200,000; (3) attorneys’ fees and costs for Plaintiffs and the Class (Plaintiffs have requested $1.6 million); and (4) payment to the two Plaintiffs for representing the class (they have requested $15,000 each). A further hearing at 9:00 a.m. PST on June 11, 2015 will determine whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. This hearing date may change without further notice. Please check the settlement website or the Court’s PACER site to confirm the date.

In exchange, all Class Members (except those who opt out) will be legally bound by the Settlement and deemed to have released all claims against eBay that were, or could have been, alleged in the case.

Was the class required or is it an elective? How many classes before graduation? Do they have a class mascot ? Hmmmmm.....must be a Phys Ed class, 'cause they talk about "action."

Was the class required or is it an elective? How many classes before graduation? Do they have a class mascot ? Hmmmmm.....must be a Phys Ed class, 'cause they talk about "action."

It is an Elective and I may not take it. If I take the class, and pass, I get my degree in "The School of Hard Knocks." They do have a mascot. It is a marsupial by the name of dingbat. It is a Phys. Ed. class cause anybody can pass it, even without attending. (See SEC Class Schedule).

;)

Thanks! Sounds like my kind of class if anybody can pass it without attending class....I'll skip that 8am class.... :)

Interesting - sounds like your usual class action suit. Some suits include you automatically based upon information they already have collected. Others - you have to supply your information to benincluded in the class action. In many cases, its not worth the time you spend completing the paperwork.

Thanks! Sounds like my kind of class if anybody can pass it without attending class....I'll skip that 8am class.... :)

It must be on the UNC Basketball Team's schedule this semester too. ;) I bet it's a full class.