• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, the new gold 50th Anniversary Kennedys look amazing...

6 posts in this topic

This might be old news to most of you. I had only seen the mint's mock-ups and a few crappy ebay photos. But last week I purchased one and it arrived today. I was immediately impressed with it, I like the high relief, and the Kennedy half design has always looked nice IMO.

Then I fired up the Canon and took these shots:

Kennedy-Composite_zpsswfrdkxh.jpg

I usually prefer matte to ultra cameo, but I was blown away and had to share. Especially that obverse. I know it's just a bullion/commemorative coin, but I'm really diggin' it.

Nice pics, what lens are you shooting with?

Thanks everyone!

My camera body is a Canon EOS 7D, and the lens is a Canon Macro EF-S 60mm USM. Round those out with three $20 Ikea desk lights and a copy stand and that's my whole set up.

Everything I've learned about coin photography I learned from Brandon brg5658. He's a good teacher (even if he doesn't care for gold heh).

Nice photos. I was immediately impressed with this coin, the old or high relief obverse is what does it.... However, I was immediately disappointed with the reverse.... I dont understand why they couldn't have done the old die or high relief on the reverse as well...

Still a stunner though for anyone who is a 50C Kennedy fan.