• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pr cameo cent posted by Fishergirl

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

very funny story

I bought what I thought was going to be a mint set and paid $15.. when it got to my house I opened it and my first thought was were are the Denver set and then I noticed the stripe that is normally on the cello wasn't there.. well I looked a little closer and noticed the cameo.. I contacted the seller .. and let them know they had just sold a proof set instead of the mint set I wanted.. well still haven't gotten that mint set .. but the cameo was a nice surpise.. good hunting

See more journals by Fishergirl

Yes.....the poof set would be nice. Sometimes the Lincoln Cent is the most valuable coin in the set (you may already know this). Your seller might have run out of the mint set and sent you a proof set that is worth more. Should have notified you (shrug)

Sometimes we take it as common knowledge that the person (persons) we are dealing with know the difference in Proof and MS. I still catch myself forgetting that very thing!! I don't think Fishergirl got a bad deal but they should try to make it right! It surprises me also to learn how much more/less a MS coin will bring as compared to a Proof. Just do the homework!

Bud (thumbs u

You would be surprised to find out how many sellers really don't know the difference in a proof set or mint set. I have had a few try and offer P mint sets that were proof set packs.

Now Rick - That was one time, a whole box of proof sets and I just could not remember what they were.

And if I remember correctly, there was no solicitation on my part rather you were saying that you were trying to obtain some mint sets and I just offered you mine (what I thought were mint sets). ;)

You would be surprised to find out how many sellers really don't know the difference in a proof set or mint set. I have had a few try and offer P mint sets that were proof set packs.

Now Rick - That was one time, a whole box of proof sets and I just could not remember what they were.

And if I remember correctly, there was no solicitation on my part rather you were saying that you were trying to obtain some mint sets and I just offered you mine (what I thought were mint sets). ;)

Heck Bill,

I don't ever call out names for the Hot Seat but you are welcome to it!! :)

I forgot about you doing that as well. Guess that makes 4 guys that sold me proof sets for mint sets. lol