• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newby posted by Fishergirl

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I took the advice

hello I received my coins .. the franklins were icing on the cake.. I have been trying to figure out how to answer your replies.. I wanted to let you all know that .. I have also sent my first proof set in it is a 1963.. All of them came back pf66 or higher.. I thought this was cool. and the advice someone gave that it was alright to by already graded coins I took your advice and will only buy the ones I can't find.. and only pcgs or ngc.. thank you all

16408.jpg

See more journals by Fishergirl

Excellent!! Be sure to pick a type or series that you will use to narrow your focus. The more you learn about grading your own coins the better! When I first started I dove in with both feet and made quiet a few costly mistakes along the way but all in all I didn't do real bad. The one thing that has helped probably the most is the contacts you make on this chat board! Believe me, They will let you know if there is something is amiss. Remember....there are no "bad" questions...especially with this group. Nice going Fishergirl!!!

Bud :golfclap:

Just one more thing before I check out of the net; Read, read, read!!! There are some great books out there and the more you read the more proficient you will become in grading your own coins before you send them in. Welcome aboard!!

Bud

Rhonda,

Thanks for getting back with all of us on your grades. WOW --- That is GREAT for a first time Proof set submission!! :whee:

My first Proof set submission brought PF65's and up. Nice grab on the Cameo Lincoln as well!! Very hard for that date.

To return messages privately just left click on name and then click send message. :)

All spelling in color (red or blue) here in chats or in club registry takes you somewhere else. Click on all colors (names, sets - type and personal, headings, anything red or blue) and explore!!

Later--Rick