• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1991 Libertad S1ONZA PF

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I notice in the census and my registry the 1991 S1ONZA Libertad Proof 494.5 has changed for the variety designation descriptor to (7 dot cactus pad) and the 494.3 ( 8 dot cactus pad) .....All the graded examples I have seen in the 494.5 and 494.3 have 8 dots on the cactus pad that the eagle is perched on. Am I looking at the wrong cactus pad? Or are all twelve 494.5 examples I looked at incorrectly labeled, and should have been designated as a 494.3?

Thanks

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for the question. NGC no longer uses the KM catalog numbers to attribute these two varieties. We will instead be using the "8 DOTS" and "7 DOTS" notations going forward, which we believe are easier for people to understand. We have updated our online Verify Certification tool so that it no longer matches the old KM attribution to the new "8 DOTS" or "7 DOTS" attributions to avoid any confusion.