• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades Posted - Three Conder tokens recently graded

6 posts in this topic

I dropped off a few tokens to be graded at the FUN show back in January. The turn-around on the grades was impressively fast (logged in their system as received on Jan 13, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped back to me on Jan 22). I received them in hand the last week of January. Anyway, here are three tokens I purchased raw over the past couple years that I submitted in that order. Guess what grades NGC gave them. :grin:

Cheers, Brandon

UPDATED: GRADES POSTED

==========================================================

1. MS64BN

1796_Angus_Dundee40_raw_composite_zpsc9f8f7fa.jpg

2. MS63BN

1799_Warks27a_Pennytoken_bronzed_composite_with_edges_v2_zpsc7b269eb.jpg

3. MS65BN

1870_Midd343_raw_composite_zps38aa8e9d.jpg

Those are awesome Brandon. I recently started studying them and picked up a few last fall.

I'm not an expert on these, but I'll give it a shot:

Dundee DH-40: MS65

Warwickshire DH-27a: MS66

Middlesex DH-343: AU58 or MS64

Given that I know very little about anything, and especially ignorant when it comes to Conder Tokens ... I think they look splendid! The second one being the one which received my greatest attention - (thumbs u

67 --- Only 24 struck - :applause:

I guess these types of GTGs scare most people? Thanks to those who put in guesses.

The grades are:

1. MS64BN

2. MS63BN

3. MS65BN

I was spot on in my guesses pre-submission for #1 and #2, but I had personally graded #3 as MS63BN. There is a LOT of luster left for the issue, and it is much nicer than the other DH-343 that I own in MS63BN -- so I'm okay with it in the MS65BN holder. Also, the provenance of this example is much more impressive than my other example, which I will probably eventually sell.

Cheers, Brandon