• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: STAR "*" Designated Roosevelt Dimes, 1946-Date, MS & PF

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone. Some of you may have seen my post on the US Coin forum about my latest submission in which I got a grade of MS67+*FT on a 1946-S Roosevelt Dime. Well, I am now in the hunt for Star designated Roosevelt Dimes in order to complete an "All Star" Roosevelt Dime registry set. I am looking for Mint State and Proof coins. Here are the requirements for my sets-

Mint State Pieces

1. MS pieces from 1946 through 1964 must have been awarded the Star designation for excellent/vibrant toning. MS pieces from 1965-Date can be Star designated for excellent/vibrant toning, PL fields, or overall superior eye appeal for the grade assigned.

2. MS pieces from 1946-1964 that have been awarded the Star designation for semi-PL characteristics will be considered if a suitable example cannot be located for the Date/MM. At this time, I'm focusing on color for the Silver issues, so I may not make a purchase of these pieces right away. As stated before, any coins 1965-Date with the Star designation for PL fields or overall superior eye appeal will be considered.

3. Please be reasonable with purchase prices and/or offers. I do not mind paying a premium for nice coins but will not payer a higher price than the next higher grade level. For example, if you're asking MS67* prices for a MS66* coin, chances are that I will look for MS67* pieces.(I know each coin is different in it's own regard, but this is a preference)

4. I will consider coins in PCGS holders that have excellent/vibrant toning, but I am giving preference to NGC coins first. I've played the crack-out game before and won, but I'm looking to keep grading fees to a minimum.

5. MS pieces with the FT designation will also be considered, although it is not required for this set.

Proof Pieces

1. PF pieces from 1950-Date can have the Star designation for excellent/vibrant color, for heavily frosted Cameo contrasts on either side of the coin that do not meet the Cameo or Ultra Cameo designation; i.e. PF67*, PF67* CAM, PF67* UCAM(the Pops are low on these so I'm not expecting to find many of these available), for overall superior eye appeal, or a combination of the qualities listed.

2. Please be reasonable with purchase prices and/or offers. I do not mind paying a premium for nice coins but will not payer a higher price than the next higher grade level. For example, if you're asking MS67* prices for a MS66* coin, chances are that I will look for MS67* pieces.(I know each coin is different in it's own regard, but this is a preference)

I know these may be some restrictive requirements and it may hinder my search some, but I'm trying to set a guideline to building these sets. Please provide any images you have of your coin if offering for sale. Also, I would like to see the coin in hand before purchase if that is possible. I am insured and can provide proof of insurance to those who may be concerned about the safety of their coins. If in hand examination Is not possible before purchase, you must offer some type of return policy. I can provide many references if you need them, or feel free to contact any of the members in my signature line for references. I've had many transactions here and wish to keep good standing with the community here.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my requests and I hope to make some purchases from the boards soon!