• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 P & D toner Kennedys for the Dansco

6 posts in this topic

I am NOT putting together a Dansco set of Kennedys. The Franklin Dansco has 40 holes, and there are only 35 Franklins in the series. Given that 1964 was the last year of 90 % circulating silver I decided to add these two Kennedys to the Franklin Dansco. I bought the P on eBay and found the D at a small local show. The P was imaged by Shane Canup, and the D was imaged by Bob Campbell. I think they both did excellent jobs.

sc1964_KE.jpg

sc1964_KErev.jpg

bc1964D_rKEo6t_zps948f3aa4.jpgbc1964D_rKErev2t_zps276bcb4a.jpg

Nice coins! I am actually putting a Dansco set of Kennedys together, with the criteria that they be MS and pulled from circulation (which basically means bank rolls). So far I have been able to get more than half of them. At some point, I may just get the rest from mint sets but for now, it takes me back to how I started collecting in the old flat Whitman books.