• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC ?? Ike Dollars??

11 posts in this topic

So my question is, does CAC accept ike dollars MS only for submission? I'm trying to get some of my ike dollars submitted to CAC, but every dealer that can submit to CAC all told me the same thing, they do not accept modern coins. While their (CAC) website says they do. Why are the dealers telling me different?

Can someone answer my question and if my Ikes are allowed I'm looking for someone who can submit them for me, plus fees.

1972-S Blue Ike MS 66

1972-S Blue Ike MS 66

1974-S Blue Ike MS 67+

1976-S Silver $1 MS 66

1977 $1 MS 66

P.S. When you say blue Ike, are you meaning that the coin is still in cellophane?

Yes in the original U.S. Mint Sealed cellophane.

906C9E98-7309-48AD-BA45-186F18A550F8_zpslkzshhay.jpg

A5A38D59-B500-491C-877E-58AF1D23AE72_zpspcf3wuvx.jpg

P.S. When you say blue Ike, are you meaning that the coin is still in cellophane?

Yes in the original U.S. Mint Sealed cellophane.

CAC will accept mint state Ikes, but I would need to double check with CAC on the flat packs. At one point, while CAC accepted CC Morgan Dollars, it would not accept GSA Morgan Dollars. This policy has since changed so that they are accepted. I would need to have John Albanese clarify eligibility as to blue pack Ikes.

CAC only began approving business strikes Ikes very recently.

CAC announced in May 2012 that they would start accepting Ike dollars. It wasn't long after that when they started accepting Ikes.

I'd hardly call that "very recently" -- but maybe that's the speed of "in the know" on which dealers function??

CAC only began approving business strikes Ikes very recently.

CAC announced in May 2012 that they would start accepting Ike dollars. It wasn't long after that when they started accepting Ikes.

I'd hardly call that "very recently" -- but maybe that's the speed of "in the know" on which dealers function??

That's what I thought. Spoke with GreatCollections and they said they would send in for submission only if I was to consign my coins with them and I pay the fees. I'm not in the selling mood unless I was to dumb one of my 72' MS 66 if the price was right.

So I contacted CAC and for those similarly situated who might have interest, CAC will not accept Blue Pack Eisenhower Dollars even though it considers mint state Ikes in normal NGC slabs.

That's delightfully inconsistent. The coin is the coin, and it's graded by NGC, I wonder how they rationalize not taking the Blue Packs? Seems arbitrary.

So I contacted CAC and for those similarly situated who might have interest, CAC will not accept Blue Pack Eisenhower Dollars even though it considers mint state Ikes in normal NGC slabs.

That's delightfully inconsistent. The coin is the coin, and it's graded by NGC, I wonder how they rationalize not taking the Blue Packs? Seems arbitrary.

Yes, it seems inconsistent to me. They should have it on their website. I am glad that I checked. The holders don't look as secure as a slab to me, and I am speculating that this might have been part of the reason. Another potential reason is lack of familiarity in dealing with these. To be honest, I don't think CAC has seen very many of the Blue Pack Ikes. This is also the first time that I have seen them in a third party grading service holder like this.