• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just getting started... posted by cointrader1017

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Walking Liberty Halves

Franklin Halves

Morgan Silver Dollars

1964 Halves

Peace Dollars

...2250 in total...

Opened up the safe. I began investigating online as to some values and grading systems. Wow, there's a lot of information out there! Not a single coin in my collection has seen the light of day in over forty years. Only I have touched them to sort them out. Not one has been cleaned; probably ever...

Over the last month or so, I have looked through and found some unique pieces.

I guess I need a little help, or a push, in the right direction.

See more journals by cointrader1017

Best of luck --and you have a wealth of coin experience and knowledge here on the NGC chat boards so feel free to ask any questions.

If you get a chance, post some images--you may have plenty that would do well encapsulated/authenticated/graded if they have been put away for almost half a century.

You must have been like a kid at Christmas when viewing them again. As has already been stated, tons of experienced collectors on this site would be able to help. Make sure you take some good pictures as it's hard to provide good advice without good images of the coins.

Welcome to the boards.