• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is the best time...

6 posts in this topic

to make a purchase from a dealer?

Loose Parameters, fill the blank in any way you choose. If you wish, add and explanation of why.

...When the dealer has too many coins.

I went to Long Beach and just bought a coin for a dealer notorious for high prices on coins, but he gave me a deal because his booth was overflowing with coins.

When the dealer has a huge auction bill coming due, a bloated inventory, and no $$ in the bank.

It's up to you to figure out who is in this situation...... might be more than a few after the Pogue sales.

orifdoc above is probably exactly correct however, if a show is slow for the Dealer they may be inclined to need to cover costs through sales. Also, it never hurts to know the actual value of things. Knowing bid, then sticking to your guns forces him/her to make a business decision.

When the dealer has a huge auction bill coming due, a bloated inventory, and no $$ in the bank.

It's up to you to figure out who is in this situation...... might be more than a few after the Pogue sales.

Yes, this is probably one of the best times. Otherwise it's wherever he has a coin you want and is willing to sell it at a reasonable price. Of late that's been happening to me less and less. :(