• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First 1800's Dated Coin for the New Custom Set posted by Jackson

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

And it actually has a bear on each side

This coin costs more than I wanted to spend on this "fun" set. However I wanted more than just a bunch of modern commems or panda series coins so I'm going to have to spend a few bucks for some of these more exotic and classic issues to add variety to the set.

An 1885 5 franc coin from Denmark--a design celebrating the annual Bern shooting Fest ( of note is that the word Bern can be roughly translated as bear--hence the bear depictions on these coins of Bern)

Nice detail for the issue and if it actually slabs as an AU then I would have gotten a great deal since existing XF/AU grade coins sell for about 4x what I risked on this one. Even if it details grade I'll be very happy with it as part of my budding set--so really a win or big win scenario.

16316.jpg

See more journals by Jackson

I love this coin! What a nice coin and I don't think AU is out of the realm of possibility. With the toning, your coin doesn't appear cleaned or anything like that. Nice pick-up.

Gary

Fantastic issue. I was watching one that just ended on eBay in the past week in NGC MS65, but it went for more than my budget would stomach. :)

Great design! (thumbs u