• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The mysterious disappearing coins issue

7 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Is gone. This was a tough one to track down, as it only occured under a very specific set of circumstances. We implemented some extensive logging to track down the exact source of the coin deletes and eventually were able to zoom in on the problem area and clear it up.

Is gone. This was a tough one to track down, as it only occured under a very specific set of circumstances. We implemented some extensive logging to track down the exact source of the coin deletes and eventually were able to zoom in on the problem area and clear it up.

It's a miracle! yay.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifjuggle.gifyay.gif

Charlie will be quite happy! grin.gif

Congratulations!

Hoot

Let me guess, Arch, the problem had to do with a race condition involving people inputting fugly nickels and the system laughing at goofy handles like "Hoot" and whatnot.

Am I close?

laugh.gif

lim (Hoot+NBB) = 0 | 1

EVP

Let me guess, Arch, the problem had to do with a race condition involving people inputting fugly nickels and the system laughing at goofy handles like "Hoot" and whatnot.

Am I close?

laugh.gif

lim (Hoot+NBB) = 0 | 1

EVP

tonofbricks.gif

Actually, I don't recall coins ever disappearing for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if my handle caused general system disruption from time to time.

696798-Equation.jpg

Hoot

696798-Equation.jpg.fb279bd2281886e92ae6aa49683fbe82.jpg

Thanks, Arch! I am glad to hear that the problem is fixed. I thought (for a while) that maybe I was doing something to cause the disappearing coins in my sets. It is nice to know that I am not totally bonkers, just pseudo-bonkers!

makepoint.gif