• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are there no NGC 70 graded coins of the Sacagawea Coin and Currency Set

6 posts in this topic

No Graded 70's for the SP Enhanced Sacagawea Dollar Coin and Currency Set

Why are there more 70's graded 2014 S Sacagawea $1 Native Hospitality Ultra Cameo while 2014 SACAGAWEA $1 Native Hospitality SP ENHANCED DOLLAR COIN & CURRENCY SET are graded 69? You would think that the mint would have been more careful with the 50,000 coin and currency set.

See more journals by DVD Home Studios

Seems unreasonable to expect the US Mint to produce and deliver "perfect" coins all the time.

The authentication companies assess based on what they see and their own criteria.

there were 3 sets that hit SP70

http://www.coinworld.com/insights/enhanced-uncirculated-native-american-dollars-in-demand.html#

did you see this article?

I have not even got my sets from the mint yet.

and the one that there talking about for $999 was on ebay i almost bought and should have!

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. I got both the set and a EU NGC SP 69 coin. Happy with both. Got to get a nice display for them. 50,000 and only a few graded at 70 WOW!

Happy Collecting,

Ed

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Seems unreasonable to expect the US Mint to produce and deliver "perfect" coins all the time.

The authentication companies assess based on what they see and their own criteria.

I agree with you, but when the mint raises the bar, the expectations go up with it. BTW, I bought a few of the coin and currency sets and while I like the coin, I can see problems on the coins and I won't be submitting them. Anyways I like the presentation package that the set comes in.

Gary

The US Mint has not done anything except try to do its best to deliver the highest quality product they can. All of the rest - including expectations - arise from outside influences and gullibility.