• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 P Morgan

8 posts in this topic

We need better images. The breast feathers, while typically weak on the '21, look "too shiny" as if it was polished. I can't really tell about the obverse. There are luster breaks in the fields that can be clearly discerned.

I listed the coin on Ebay as a AU. The coin has a slight amount of luster left on the cheek, but shows some rub that could be from circulation. The breast feathers and the top of the legs show some wear and this area in the photo is lighter. The leafs below the tail feathers also show some rub and this area is lighter in the photo. The coin does have MS luster.

I purchased the coin from a dealer some time ago that sold the coin to me as BU. I was trying to convince myself that the coin was

BU, but I want the next buyer to be happy with the purchase so I will sell the coin as AU. I have feeling that the coin may be what is called a slider.

Thank you for the grades and help.