• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust Dollar...Grade Opinion please...

14 posts in this topic

Here's my type set coin and at the time I bought it, it was graded Fine+, whatever that means! Your coin has much more detail in the hair curls and looks more original, a mistake I made when I bought mine! But the store clerks back in those days would slam these coins against the cash registers to give them a metal "ring"test and your coin looks like it may have suffered such a test at 8:00 o'clock. I don't know how NGC or ANACS would look at this. But the coin looks exceptional for a coin from that era.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Get simple, reliable, and affordable image hosting with Vendio today!

Leo

I would give it a high VF to a low XF, but, if you wait long enough with the fluctuating grading standards then it might make AU in a couple of years.

mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I would give it a high VF to a low XF, but, if you wait long enough with the fluctuating grading standards then it might make AU in a couple of years.

mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Sure, but send it to NGC today and get a VG10-F12. 893whatthe.gif

I'd go with details of a VF30 and that it has been lightly, though acceptably by TPG standards for this issue, cleaned. There is no way that this coin reaches the EF40 level, in my opinion.