• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you think of my new PCGS graded rainbow SLQ ?

39 posts in this topic

... or one beer at a Redskins game ... gag ... there you dont even get to enjoy real NFL football (well at least you do get the watch the other team)

BTW, my primary reason for having it graded was so it could be photographed by Phil Arnold (PCGS TrueView), one of the premier coin photographers. If I shot it with my iPhone and posted images, some might think I doctored (oversaturated) the photos.

The other reason is having it blessed by PCGS gives it a bit more credibility.

Third reason is .... PCGS slabbed, I bet it went from a $21 coin to perhaps a $150 coin. If I ever decided to auction it off. There are a few collectors out there that go ga-ga for color (esp pcgs or ngc slabbed color). But before I get a bunch of PM's about selling, this one is not for sale.

So there is no way to AT something like this? Is it impossible?

Not impossible but I noticed the coin didn't have any color on the devices but the fields surrounding it did. That, to me, is a good indication of a long-term tone (or probably re-tone).

Anyway...nice pick up!

jom

Why did you have it graded ?

The question of was it cleaned and re toned , is it NT or AT, for a coin like this it does not matter.

He had it graded because otherwise how does he know he likes it? He might think he likes it, but what if he doesn't? Only the TPGs can tell him that. I don't know if it's NT or AT, do you? Our very own pro from Heritage, Mark Feld, just said it's cleaned and re-toned. Do you see, even he doesn't know. It's like a diamond and glass. You wouldn't like it if it's glass, would you? You certainly wouldn't pay a premium for it. That's why we need the TPGs.

And if you don't believe that explanation, I can make up another one, lol.

The coin looks extremely attractive.

That said, it's difficult for me to imagine a coin being that heavily circulated and displaying that color, without having been cleaned (and then re-toned on its own).

My thoughts exactly