• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Last Round-Early Commemorative Image Request

16 posts in this topic

Since my book will be in print this year, I am in search of early commemorative coin images. I do have permission from all the major auction house's to use their images, but I prefer images from collectors.

This book is for collectors, YN's new to the hobby, or for anyone else who enjoy's history and wants to read the truth behind the coins in the series.

Here are a couple examples of what I'm looking for as far as image quality, strike, color, etc.:

mainecomp_barndog_PCGS_Forum_Combo.jpg

MJ_NGC_Coin_Forum_Hawaiian_Combo.jpg

Pretty much nice color, lustre, strike, etc. and still able to see all design details.

Please PM me your images and how you would like me to credit you and your image if I select it for the book.

Much Thanks!

:)

I wish I had some book quality pictures for you. The ones I do have are from auction houses.

Did you PM Robec? He might have a bunch. Maybe John (Messydesk) has some he can share as well. I'm not sure who else on this site photographs coins for other collectors, but lets hope some PM you.

Leeg, I'm excited for the book, but I don't have any photographs of Commems.

Best of luck as you wrap up this HUGE project! (thumbs u

I don't have any high quality photos of higher grade commems. I did own a Illinois I have a pretty nice photo of but it was AU...nice but still AU.

Best of luck on the book!

jom

If you are interested you can use any of the images of my coins for your book. All the images were taken by me and you can peruse them by following this link to my set.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetGallery.aspx?PeopleSetID=75133

My personal favorite is a MS-63 Isabella Quarter.

980637_Full_Obv.jpg

980637_Full_Rev.jpg

PM me if your are interested.

Gary

Hi Lee

That Hawaiian posted in your OP is mine and of course you can use it if you wish.

Best of luck!

Mark

Thanks all for the PM's and your thoughts. This is getting real exciting for me now. Vol I will be done this year.

I plan on doing a Blog around the series also.

Jom, I've had a couple nice AU coins that made the MS coins cry. :) Send your coin on along.

Thanks all for the PM's and your thoughts. This is getting real exciting for me now. Vol I will be done this year.

How many volumes do you anticipate?

I have enough research for two volumes and I have leads to much more history.

I plan on using the Blog to gather information and images around coins in the series.

ill have to keep an open eye for this new book. i do like the older commems :)

Thank you.

also, thanks everyone for the PM's. I will be in touch.

:)