• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian pennies back to 1800's

4 posts in this topic

Any tips on where to find a collector who would enjoy these?

By chance from childhood I've obtained some decent Canadian pennies going back from the 1920s-30's to the 1850's.

Have a 1/2 penny Bank of Upper Canada token, but it's an 8 or 12 at best.

If they were US, I'd keep them.

Using www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.ph, I came up with grades of VF-EF, allowing for the fact that I don't price these ever, was probably conservative.

Worst issue is heavy patina, not much trace of original color.

I am not interested in profiting from them, I kept them cause I liked them.

I'm older and upgrading my US collection, these have no real place in mine.

Happy to sell or trade for American coins (or propose a trade), pretty much anything, and am open to a proposal for value.

I'd like them to go to someone who would enjoy them, if that's a 12-year old in Ontario, I'm good with that (as long as there is an adult on that side to moderate and approve of anything).

TY for any help.

Any tips on where to find a collector who would enjoy these?

By chance from childhood I've obtained some decent Canadian pennies going back from the 1920s-30's to the 1850's.

Have a 1/2 penny Bank of Upper Canada token, but it's an 8 or 12 at best.

If they were US, I'd keep them.

Using www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.ph, I came up with grades of VF-EF, allowing for the fact that I don't price these ever, was probably conservative.

Worst issue is heavy patina, not much trace of original color.

I am not interested in profiting from them, I kept them cause I liked them.

I'm older and upgrading my US collection, these have no real place in mine.

Happy to sell or trade for American coins (or propose a trade), pretty much anything, and am open to a proposal for value.

I'd like them to go to someone who would enjoy them, if that's a 12-year old in Ontario, I'm good with that (as long as there is an adult on that side to moderate and approve of anything).

TY for any help.

well, I'm not a 12 year old from Ontario, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

All kidding aside, I have a growing year set (with the occasional mintmarks that were scattered throughout that series.

If you send me a list of your dates, perhaps we can come to some agreement.

Tom

Thanks for the interest:

1st: I found a much better way to help me grade these than I used previously, these are in good shape, about how I described, maybe a little better. Wasn't dishonest, just hadn't checked an earlier review from when I was a 20 something.

All of them are beautiful, and in attractive shape in every case.

Isn't a large set, but like I said, I would like someone who would enjoy them (more than I do) to have them.

Here is what I have of any value:

1857 Bank of upper Canada 1/2 penny token, poor condition, maybe an 8 or less. I am not good at judging Canadian, that could be off.

I wouldn't touch it, but it looks like it might be helped by some restoration.

1882 H penny, very good shape, has a scratch on REV maybe a millimeter, looks exactly like the 2 was underlined. Doesn't detract much from a nice coin.

1900 Penny, GREAT coin, touch of verdigris across the eyebrow. Dark, shows some light wear on high-points.

1909,12,13,16, all in good shape, 09 and 12 probably a hair better. If I could grade Canadian I would say 20-40 on the scale, more likely to err "high".

Small cents, only ones might have value are 1920 (2 coins), 1929, 1932,1938.

Have a 37 with some original color, maybe 50%

Handful of newer stuff, wouldn't assume they had much value except as a throw in.

I have a very rough idea of what these are worth in US dollars, but would actually prefer a trade or other option.

Let me know if you have any interest, I took some photos, most of which turned out pretty good considering I'm a clod with a camera.

Thanks for the comment, and best of the New Year in any case.