• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrapping up 2014 posted by TJ Sampson

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Adult ADD in collecting, thanks eBay!

Well, 2014 is quickly coming to a close and boy did I learn a lot this year about collecting. Maybe I should say, I learned a lot about my poor collecting habits! :)

Turns out I like a lot of things and well, eBay doesn't help the new collector stay focused. After spreading my money around between Westward Journey Nickels, Statehood and ATB Proofs, and finally my Susan B. Anthony collection, I didn't complete anything but I sure had fun!

2015 should be a lot better. I've decided to focus on sweeping up as much PF-70UC Silver Proofs as I can in the Statehood and ATB collections. Still can be relatively cheap, the kids like them and I expect they might appreciate over the next 20 years or so. I'll keep plugging away at the Susan Bs as well. Only a few more coins until I have a complete collection, but I'm getting picky, and have my eyes focused on the highest grades.

BTW, who was the lucky finder of the only MS-68 example of the 1981-D!?!?!?!?!?

See more journals by TJ Sampson