• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off to the Rodeo at NGC ~ Grade the Outcome !

10 posts in this topic

Here is a Great Britain 1890 double florin (4 shillings). It is "in the mail" headed to NGC.

Great Britain Double Florin 1890 photo IMG_4116600_zpseeafcf96.jpg

IMG_4117600_zpsb9141288.jpg

Here is a Mexico 1953 5 Pesos. It is in "grading" at NGC and should be returned next week.

_5724_zpsa18a5c3c.jpg

_5725_zpsec9a2d01.jpg

Post how do you think either or both will grade and I will post the "official" results when they return.

:bump:

greysoldier

My guess:

1st : 64+ (only thing detracting is that the cheek on obverse and the lions shoulder/nose/elbow have small rub marks possibly from being in a drawer)

2nd: 63 (hairlines, couple small nicks)

That is one beautiful frosty satiny absolutely hammered double florin. Unless the pictures are hiding something I don't have any reservation with that coin in a 65 holder.

The 5 pesos looks like a 64 candidate to me, with a couple breaks in luster in the fields and a few hits on the bust. It is a relatively large coin, so I could see it going MS65 if the issues aren't as obvious in hand as they are in your pictures (which look like either scans or taken with very diffuse lighting).

Best of luck!

-Brandon

Thanks Brandon. The double florin is a 'stunner'. I obtained it form a dealer in the UK who indicated that it was a "superb" piece ~ and that it is. Quite a bit more flash in hand than the image shows. If this is not a 65, I don't know what it would take. We will see.

I agree with you on the 5 pesos, nice and frosty, it should be at solid 64.

The NGC grading clock is running........

greysoldier