• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint survey

4 posts in this topic

How many others received a letter asking them to participate in a US mint on-line survey? The survey requires responses by December 22nd, and consists of a series of questions, involving ratings of the mint, and written remarks and criticisms.

The criticisms I made were as follows:

1. The authorized purchaser program for bullion coins, in which only a small number of well-financed companies are given the exclusive right to sell bullion products, should be discontinued, because modern electronic marketing makes this system obsolete. Moreover, the system has been notoriously abused, because even ordinary bullion coins have considerable added value if they are in top condition. The authorized purchasers therefore pick out the best ones for themselves, to sell separately in graded slabs.

2. Some mint products are sold only in bulky and costly fancy packaging, which should be eliminated or at least made optional. I'm thinking of such items as proof platinum eagles and proof gold buffalos.

3. The mint should limit postal mailing of product brochures to only those persons who want them, otherwise they are potentially harming their customers by publicizing they may have valuable coins at home, and making them a target for criminals. The mint is also wasting resources on printing and mailing unwanted brochures. However, even if you repeatedly inform the mint you want to be removed from their mailing list, they will continue to bombard you with their glossy brochures by mail after every purchase, even if you purchased on-line, and even if you are already receiving their notifications by email, and even if you previously and repeatedly asked them not to send by regular mail.

Yep.

I mentioned that the restroom TP at Mint HQ should flow over the top of the roll, not under. Maybe there will be a marketing department committee meeting on that....probably more important than hiring an Art Director or better, more creative designs.

I did not get the survey.

I would have added:

When the mint limits you to a number of coins per household they should use your actual address

not the shipping address. I do not live at the UPS store......