• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC - value question...

15 posts in this topic

I dont submit to CAC. Im not against or for CAC. I dont know JA.

But I do have a question for those that do or for those that look for and purchase CAC coins...

At what price do you think a CAC bean makes a difference in sales price ?

Are the prices of under $500 coins positively effected by a bean ?

Or would you say a coin needs to be worth $500+ or $1000+ or even higher.

Since I like toners its impossible to tell whether the increase in sales price is due to the toning or a bean, so I have really no point of reference.

It depends on the difference in market value between a non-CAC and a CAC example, not just the price level of the coin.

If, for example, a non-CAC coin is bringing $200 and a CAC one is fetching $250, CAC probably makes sense. If, on the other hand, a non CAC example is selling for $1300 and a CAC one is bringing $1325, CAC might not/probably doesn't make sense.

It depends on the difference in market value between a non-CAC and a CAC example, not just the price level of the coin.

If, for example, a non-CAC coin is bringing $200 and a CAC one is fetching $250, CAC probably makes sense. If, on the other hand, a non CAC example is selling for $1300 and a CAC one is bringing $1325, CAC might not/probably doesn't make sense.

I get that part. Thats no different than when do grading fees make sense. I guess I wasnt clear enough.

At what price point do you even seen an increase in price ?

Are there price differences even at the $200 level ? Or is CAC more of a benefit in higher end coins ? To use your example - do buyers really pay $50 more for a $200 coin with a green bean ?

I get that part. Thats no different than when do grading fees make sense. I guess I wasnt clear enough.

Are there price differences even at the $200 level ? Or is CAC more of a benefit in higher end coins ? To use your example - do buyers really pay $50 more for a $200 coin with a green bean ?

As I already indicated, the increase in price/value is not necessarily based upon a price level - it depends on the coin and grade. But if you insist upon a general, ballpark rule of thumb :devil: I'd probably go with about $300 or a bit higher.

As I already indicated, the increase in price/value is not necessarily based upon a price level - it depends on the coin and grade. But if you insist upon a general, ballpark rule of thumb :devil: I'd probably go with about $300 or a bit higher.

Ahh thank you.

I have a few common Morgans, Walkers and Franklins with CAC approval. In trying to sell them it appears the bean is meaningless for coins under $200. I did sell a $600 coin with a CAC sticker and got my price.

Take from that what you may.

Additionally, CAC gold bean coins appear to be collectibles in their own right. That's another variable to consider.

Additionally, CAC gold bean coins appear to be collectibles in their own right. That's another variable to consider.

Yes, I have some Beanie Babies to sell you also...they are downright collectible in their own right, I promise. ;)

:whistle:

"...CAC gold bean coins appear to be collectibles in their own right."

That's down right silly....

It's no different than slab collecting. It is not something that I do personally, but at their height, many of the gold stickered coins were bringing much more than the next grade up and sometimes more than the next grade up regardless of whether the quality of the coin matched the price IMO.

It's no different than slab collecting. It is not something that I do personally, but at their height, many of the gold stickered coins were bringing much more than the next grade up and sometimes more than the next grade up regardless of whether the quality of the coin matched the price IMO.

I think it's very different from slab collecting. Many of the slabs which are collected offer very little added value. In the case of gold stickered CAC coins, many or most of the coins are worth close to (if not) the value of the next grade up.

I think it's very different from slab collecting. Many of the slabs which are collected offer very little added value. In the case of gold stickered CAC coins, many or most of the coins are worth close to (if not) the value of the next grade up.

I think it can be very similar to slab collecting but it depends on how one is collecting slabs. Are they collecting "doily" slabs just to have one OR is the slab an OGH which could indicate greater value due to previous under-grading (perceived?) in the past.

jom