• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion on what's going on here...

15 posts in this topic

I find it hard to believe that this coin is in fact the ONE NGC certified MS67 1962 Franklin...looks like a proof to me.

I contacted the seller for a full slab scan, but the relpy from his "wife" was that her husband was out of town. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif...of course I have received no scans!

The sad part is there are two people bidding pretty hard for a coin that cannot be what it is listed as... foreheadslap.gif

Well, here's the link...

EBay Link

I have a 1962-P, MS65 business strike with luster that looks like this coin's twin. The later Franklin business strikes often were higher luster than earlier dates.

wow that is a mintstate coin the photos do not do it justice

and an ms67 to boot and for the date this is a really rare desirable coin 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

i think many photos of some coins you just cant tell anything from an image like with this ebay auction

i am starting to love the franklins myself and you got a really good coin there cloud9.gif

michael

Thanks Michael! takeit.gif

This coin really was a shocker to me, as you can tell by my original (yet premature) post of this thread.

Now I have an MS65, an MS66, and an MS67 in this date...all brilliant coins. It is interesting to view these side-by-side. I have attached an image of all three...left to right. Each image comes from the original source dealer. The MS65 - David Lawrence, the MS66 - Liberty Bell Coins, and the MS-67 Steve Patterson (eBay).

694683-1962Images.jpg.6aa00818142a610139566a1d1a075a45.jpg

Thanks SilverDollarMan and Michael takeit.gif...this has been quite an interesting ride.

There are a lot of "old school" NGC Certified Franklins coming on the market. The Heritage Signature sale in Feburary in conjunction with the Long Beach Show is full of older holder MS67's. My next task is to find out if any of this material is coming from Registry sets above me (#14 - NGC Registry w/coins to add upon arrival). confused-smiley-013.gif

I invite you to take a look at my set and would appreciate feedback so I can improve the presentation. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Techno_mike Collection

nothing to improve all excellent

laugh.giflaugh.gifcool.gif

the descriptions are well worded professionally written and the photos are fantastic

cant imagine anyone taking better photos then those and close to having the coin in hand sight seen

excellent 9.90/10

michael