• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

152 #1 Registry Sets posted by Dan Hughes

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A year later, only 12 new #1 sets.

Each year about now I look at the number of Registry Sets I'm maintaining and first ask myself why am I doing this? Of course, the answer is I love collecting coins and enjoy the hobby tremendously. I had set a goal a few years back of getting to 250 #1 sets. A couple years ago I was just over 100. Last year 140, this year I really slowed down, only getting to 152. Having been laid off my job and being out of work for a year didn't help the cause. Buy a coin, pay the mortgage, not much choice there. I am back at work again and debating whether or not to try and climb that hill again. I had to sell so many coins this last year to pay the bills and put food on the table it has really set me back. I might slow down, pick out just a few sets to maintain, and stick with those. We'll see.

16186.jpg

See more journals by Dan Hughes