• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge News - Announcing my first Book: "The Art and Science of Grading Coins"

55 posts in this topic

Thanks you guys!

Because of y'all, I have cracked the top 100 in the "Coins and Medals" category on Amazon! I am currently at position 98 :)

I would appreciate it if you guys could review the book on Amazon when you get a chance.

Hi Jason,

I ordered your book on Amazon, it was delivered yesterday, I will get it when I get back home on Saturday. Will start reading right away. Do you have a vendor supplying on site at coin shows?

Look forward to reading and learning.

Happy Holidays, HT

You've got me motivated to get my Early Classic Commemorative Half Dollar book done THIS YEAR.

Thank you and hope sales blow up for you! :)

Been working on this since I was at David Lawrence Rare Coins in 2008.

I also appreciate your help in letting me know how you got it done.

(thumbs u

Book_Cover_Combo_Final.jpg

Front/Back Cover Art:

I've been reading the book from time to time (mostly 10 minute increments if you catch my drift) and it's pretty thorough. I enjoy that your approach is not just a rehash of what we already know but there's more of a scientific approach that a simpleton like me can understand.

Nice work !!

From what I've seen thus far. Lee's commemorative book will knock the socks off all the others -- no exceptions.

Good to see new and useful books being published -- not just the same-old repeats.

Physics-fan3.14 and leeg should not only be congratulated in completing important projects, but for their independent contribution to the knowledge of numismatics and coin collecting.

It takes incredible determination and persistence, combined with a strong desire to share what has been learned with others, to write a numismatic book. A tip-o-the-hat to both authors!

Good to see new and useful books being published -- not just the same-old repeats.

Physics-fan3.14 and leeg should not only be congratulated in completing important projects, but for their independent contribution to the knowledge of numismatics and coin collecting.

It takes incredible determination and persistence, combined with a strong desire to share what has been learned with others, to write a numismatic book. A tip-o-the-hat to both authors!

:golfclap: +1 (thumbs u

Congratulations. Being a fellow Charlestonian, I am proud to know someone (online at least) who is a famous author. Are you related to any of the Poes who went to Porter Gaud?

From what I've seen thus far. Lee's commemorative book will knock the socks off all the others -- no exceptions.

High praise coming from you Roger, much, much thanks!!

Hi Jason - Ordered a copy for my after-Christmas present. Thanks for publishing all of your hard work in an easy to read format.

Andy

I finally got around to ordering myself a copy so I thought I would bump this up for exposure and offer my congratulations to you on the completed work Jason.

I look forward to its arrival. (thumbs u

Jason, what I liked most about the book (which I reckon my Amazon review conveys) is that it presents the chemistry and physics behind coin creation and aging. I am not sure anyone has set forth to present this hard science in such an accessible and clear fashion, but I would be glad to have bought the book even if I weren't familiar with your forum posts. It will have its just location on my numismatic reference shelf near other must-have treatises like the ANA guidebook, Travers' work, Penny Whimsy, and such.