• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1827 CBH Die Marriages by T/I alignments and pics!

10 posts in this topic

Its funny that my custom sets say SET NOT FOUND but if you click it it is there...

Yes there are too many and I hate attributing them, but I hope this makes it easier!

Many thanks for your hard work and thoughtfulness in constructing this chart, and for sharing it with us. How many of the 49 1827s do you personally possess?

Thanks for the compliment. I only have 11 thus far...

Nice work Dave!!! Should make finding out what future '27s I find much easier to identify. So far I've been lucky with the 2 '27s I do have, since they both have obvious obverse die markers. (O-102 & O-120a). :grin:

Who says that there are too many DMs for 1827? I never thought so. ;)

Nice job on the page. It helps.

Edit to add: I guess that maybe there are 3 too many DMs for the year.

http://maibockaddict.com/1827-capped-bust-half-dollar-t-i-alignments.shtml

Guys, for those who collect these, what do you think of this page?

I am nuts you know! And it is snowing out!

Very helpful, particularly with the photographs. Nice reference guide. Thanks, I will save your site and see what success I have in using your guide. I already use the T-I alignments in conjunction with other markers to ID die marriages of other years. But with '27 s the photos will be a great help. When I am stuck, using the T-I marker helps me narrow the field to fewer die marriages. Sort of a cross reference as detailed in Peterson's Ultimate Guide.

I also find the use of the A-M position relative to the edge of banner very helpful to narrow down the ID of a die marriage. Do you use that marker?

Yes, I too am a little nuts. I have no excuse, no snow.

Carl

Thanks guys...I will be adding more pic pages like this. I have found my own site to be rather useful thus far as it helped with the screening of a new Nut!

Stay tuned, and PM me any errors that you may find.

Happy Sunday!