• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Kennedy 50th Anniversary Set posted by Merlin8*

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just arrived

Howdy Friends,

I just received my Kennedy 50th Anniversary Set in PF70 and SP70 condition. I worked up a collage of all four coins showing the obverse and reverse of each. It's a good looking set that I am pleased to add to my Kennedy registry. I don't know if I will ever get the gold coin and I'm a bit disappointed that NGC added it to the set, but not much I can do about it. I had hoped to complete a full set until the gold coin was added, don't know if I will ever complete the set now. I would have liked the option of working on a Kennedy registry without the gold coin as is the case with other registries.

Hope you enjoy the photo,

Take Care,

Merlin8*

16133.jpg

See more journals by Merlin8*

Thank's Bobby,

I noticed in recent journals other collectors mentioned the PL designation they received for coins in this set. Might have to do that, we'll see.

Thanks for the info.

Merlin8*

I HAVE TWO DPL DESIGNATIONS, AND IF YOU WANT THE SILVER ONLY SET, LOOK FOUR LINES UP WHEN STARTING YOUR SET, THERE IS THE OPTION FOR THE FOUR COIN SILVER SET. I AM RANKED #1 IN IT ALREADY WITH THE SP70 EF DPL I HAVE IN MY SET. JUST READ THAT YOU WANTED TO DO THE SILVER ONLY SET, I LOOKED AND FOUND IT TO LIST MINE, IT'S THERE!

I think the gold coin should go with the modern commems, the proofs should go with the Kennedy proofs and the business strike with the MS set.

That would only make sense. I shouldn't have to buy a gold coin to stay current in the Kennedy proof set. I would call all of these commems to be honest. Any other way would make more sense then the way they are listed in the Kennedy proof set.

I wonder if a nicely worded email to NGC would do anything?

Hi Wells Collection,

My set has morphed over the years starting out as the early silver 1964-1970 set then I started separate proof and mint state sets. Eventually they all came together as the complete set that I have pursued for the last six years.

I wish I was given the choice to opt out for a complete proof and mint state set without gold. When issued it was immediately well outside of my ability to purchase, at least if I wish to continue enjoying married life.

Since then it has continued to rise in price until I don't even look at them any longer, it's depressing! At some point the price will come down but will still be out of reach. However I think your right, a respectful inquiry wouldn't hurt, I'll have to think about that.

Wish you all a safe and happy holiday season, don't miss the opportunity to hug the ones you love.

Merlin8*