• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

returning crossover labels

11 posts in this topic

Received my submission back the other day from NGC and found they did not return the PCGS labels . I know the coins I submit are not rare but the populations are very low at both grading companies. I would have liked to have seen the PCGS pop. lowered when returned the labels.

Under special instructions on the submission form it says "Please return PCGS inserts so I can have PCGS correct their population report."

After talking to customer service the past couple days all the can say is they are lost.

Is this common at NGC or does everyone feel the pops. are so skewed they just assume no one wants them and toss them in the trash?

The question is why this industry leader did not resubmit those high value labels in a timely fashion? It really is essential with the rare coins with low populations to have accurate census numbers. I don't know what the policy is of the grading services with crossovers and other submissions where unnecessary labels result.

Well in my case they are low pop coins and the labels were requested back. They sent them back on my last submission. I guess someone just wasn't paying attention and threw them out. I informed NGC I follow the populations on these coins closely and the numbers do effect pricing. I also asked if they wanted to compensate for their mistake with a couple free grading vouchers or is it a case of "Our bad now move on."

Well in my case they are low pop coins and the labels were requested back. They sent them back on my last submission. I guess someone just wasn't paying attention and threw them out. I informed NGC I follow the populations on these coins closely and the numbers do effect pricing. I also asked if they wanted to compensate for their mistake with a couple free grading vouchers or is it a case of "Our bad now move on."

Ask that they send a letter to PCGS with the original submission form and tag numbers, and see if PCGS will adjust the populations downward to compensate.

These two companies aren't exactly in bed together...they are cordial to one another but still relish in cracking out the competitors coins and getting them into their holder.

Sometimes there's even a press release.

I talked to PCGS customer service and followed it up with an e-mail.

James,

My name is Joe and we spoke about NGC losing my PCGS labels and my

wanting to correct the PCGS population report. The coins are not high value

coins but their population is low both at PCGS and NGC. Below you will see

part of the submission showing the the coins and their certification number.

The entire submission form is attached. On a side note I do feel PCGS is

hands down the best grading company for U.S. coins but for world coins in

NGC holders seem to get more respect.

Thank you for you help in this matter.

Joe Yukxxxxxx

And NGC said they would respond by end of business today as well.

The present "population reports" are so thoroughly distorted that subtracting a few labels won't have any effect.

I realize there are many more raw but with the low pops prices are high. My hope is the high prices realized at auction will get more submitted and prices become reasonable.