• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Forum hacker prevention

44 posts in this topic

The ignore button works best for me, built in auto block.

Yes works for you, but what's best for everyone is being able to keep them out, or killing them quickly as soon as they appear. With Ignore you don't see them, but they are like landmines out there waiting to get someone else.

Thanks for the posts. We have banned this poster and are looking into additional measures to prevent spam posters like this.

Have you considered IP bans? It's a partial solution. You also might want to see if software exists to determine whether an IP proxy is being used.

Just an Idea, NGC - you guys go home on Fridays, and we are here almost all the time. Could you deputize one of us active people to patrol on the weekends? I know you guys are reluctant to do so, but these spammers are really turning people off of this place - this problem needs to be fixed, and fast.

He's Baaaaaccck!

Or someone very much like him, posting as "Meaah".

Don't click on the links.....

The mods squashed this one pretty quick. (thumbs u

It may not be considered spam but I wrote a journal entry last month complaining about all the sell offers and messages from people I've never heard of; in addition to known dealers checking what they think I need in my sets. I'm seriously thinking of going the obscured sets route and ignoring the chat boards altogether. Only thing that stops me is there are more great people here than spoons!

The spambots left us alone for a while, but there's been a lot of them these past few days. Here's a friendly reminder to not click on any of their links!