• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANY LUCK? posted by Eagles-R-it

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

CROSSOVER WORKED???

Hi, curiously has anyone had good luck sending in PCGS coins for crossover to NGC PF/MS 70 and received one for one 70s in return? I ask, because I have some I am interested in getting reholdered in NGC and wonder if it is worth the try.

Thanks folks and as always look forward to all your help and expertise.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

Just keep in mind that when you submit a PGCS MS70 / PF70 for crossover, the highest acceptable grade you can put on the submission form is MS69 / PF69. According to the NGC Submission For Guidelines, direct crossovers for MS70 / PF70 are not accepted. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I would not place a large bet on your PCGS 70 coin returning to you as an NGC 70. Simply my thoughts as I have never made the attempt.

greysoldier

This page used to list the MS/PF69 limitation but they removed that statement.

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=1335

If you are in doubt you could always take your coins to a trusted dealer and have them look them over to get a second opinion. :banana:

Yes, I too read that you can submit MS/PF70 PCGS coins to NGC for crossover/reholder to a grade of 70 if they are a 70, they will be cracked out and reholdered, if they are not a 70 they will NOT be cracked out, but sent back after you have paid the fee of course.

Richard,

Try a few and keep us in the loop. Maybe they have changed up a little.

Rick

Friends, ------ WARNING!!!

I was asked to inform you NOT to click on link in next message due to probable viruses and such ----- WARNING!!!