• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REPOST:PMD ROOSEVELT DIME? OBV AND REV

10 posts in this topic

I wasn't able to delete the original post due to responses so I have to repost with obverse and reverse view.

THE BOTTOM OF THE REVERSE MAY LOOK LIKE EROSION BUT IT'S WHERE I HAD TO CROP IT TO MAKE IT SMALLER FOR POSTING.

151020.jpg.cf72a53b0d94d00aa23906b430ff38d9.jpg

151021.jpg.d6f67e565b5c93ddac949781eefbaef9.jpg

I thought of that but I don't think I can understand it. I attempted it once but failed to grasp it. One reason I post coins like this is to hope that someone with knowledge of the minting process can determine if it's environmental damage or minting error. I cant imagine the reason for anyone using chemicals on coins or perhaps it was accidental.

Thanks for posting

moneyhoney,

People do all sorts of things to coins, especially kids, who like to experiment.

People drip acid on coins, or soak coins in vinegar (which is a weak acid), or put them on railroad tracks to be run over by a train, etc. etc.

All just to see what happens.