• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YN giveaway... Bochiman and Ugakoivet - send me your addy for the Ikes...

24 posts in this topic

So Im on my 5th $1000 bag of Ikes and I have to say Ive been pretty pleased with what I found so far...

As for the bags searched - I have found multiple varieties including Type 2s, FEV, RPMs, Talon Heads and Peg Legs galore. And from the $5000 Ikes Ive been able to cherry pick the best coins and almost have a full roll set of coins with the average grade between MS62-65. I just need a few more choice 71-Ps, 77-Ps and 78-Ps to complete it. Of course I will need to purchase the 73 P & D as well as the 76-P Type 1. Ive only found 1 1973 and 1 1976-P Type 1 in 5000 coins.

As for silver, I have come across the occasional silver coin and proof coin and even an ASE. Im still waiting to find that one Morgan or Peace $ though.

So to spread the Ike love I want to give away another partial Ike set in a Harris folder and this time Im throwing in a 1981-P SBA PCGS MS65...

So whoever has a YN that would like Ike please post below and I will once again choose a name from the hat and send out the Ikes for Thanksgiving.

For Christmas / Chanukah I will be doing this again with several sets and may be some other coin related items.

album.jpg

Tonerguy, although I do not have a YN to nominate for this current giveaway, I want to applaude your generosity by doing these giveaways. I hope these coins help to inspire another YN to pick up the hobby.

Just to ask a question. Why not buy a bag of silver coins? I read today on a website about buying bags of silver coins. I am not sure of denominations...but I guess you are not looking for silver coins?

Do you have any idea what the cost of a $1000 bag of 40% silver Ikes would be?

I think the OP was just making a casual remark about the scarcity of silver Ikes in his searches of dollar bags.

Chris

Tonerguy, although I do not have a YN to nominate for this current giveaway, I want to applaude your generosity by doing these giveaways. I hope these coins help to inspire another YN to pick up the hobby.

Thank you. If I ever get to own a B&M store - every Saturday will be free coins for YNs day. I cannot imagine not trying to get more YNs involved in this hobby. Its really the only way to try and insure its continued success. They are the lifeblood of this industry.

I know that my grandfather's gift to me of his Morgan $ is what got me started as a collector. I imagine that all of us on this board started the same way - someone gave us a coin that started it all.

I just want to continue that tradition.

My 5 year old son Patrick is just getting started and would love to have his name in the hat! He likes the picture of your Ike's.

Lyn

Patrick is in ! Thank you!

Okay - we have 3 YNs...

Anyone else ? Going once ...

And it doesnt have to be your own child - enter a YN in you coin club or a nephew or the kid next door... spread the coin love ! lol

We have a Winna !

Coindude PM me your addy and I will mail out the folder and SBA !

But it looks like I will have a few more to giveaway to the other two entries !

I give these albums away as a gift when someone hits the BIN for full price on my EBay sales but so far only 1 person has so I have three more albums with coins. If no one BINs I will send one to Bochiman & Ukagoivet as well.

Either way I will be doing a more involved giveaway for Christmas so keep a look out for that one.

Thanks everyone ! Free Ikes for All ! lol

Dude you are awesome!

Nope. Just doing my part to make sure as many YNs take an interest in coins.

We owe it to the hobby to bring in as many new collectors as possible. I dont have kids so if I can help inspire other people's children I have done my part.

Dude you are awesome!

Nope. Just doing my part to make sure as many YNs take an interest in coins.

We owe it to the hobby to bring in as many new collectors as possible. I dont have kids so if I can help inspire other people's children I have done my part.

I hear ya, but I agree with coindude - (thumbs u

So no one bought the required lots at the BIN price on EBay so I have the other 2 Ike folders for the giveway....

Everyone gets Ikes...

Bochiman and Ugakoivet please PM your address so I can send out your Ike albums !

Thank you guys again !

Thats awesome. Thank you for the posting the photo Coindude !

Please enter your other son into the next giveaway. I will be doing one for XMas shortly. So far for that giveaway I have Ikes in a Dansco Album and another Whitman folder and a toned 73-S proof Clad NGC graded Ike. I will be adding more as we get closer to XMas.