• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Trade Last Week by CaptBrian1

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

In with the new out with the old.

Well, seems I can't stop trading, buying selling and so on. Last week, as you know I got the WTC coin and am still talking to the new Freedom Tower and the Museum regarding displaying in New York.

But yesterday, a new adoptee arrived at our nursery, an 1883 CC $20 Gold Piece Pop 59 in MS61.

Seems someone sold their entire collection and a friend of mine was on to it just in time before a dealer got it. I'm not sure what else was in it, glad to glean this one out of the Carolina woods lol.

My collection, as I have been saying, has been boiling down to some higher grade, harder to find items and trading and selling off many that are standing in a crowd.

Well, so far so good, but my registry is in tatters as I am adding coins that have no price as they haven't gone through an auction, and the registry does not seem to add in any points or values.

I am not in coin collecting to get points or blue ribbons so to speak, but it is nice to have an idea of what things are really worth and my collection compared to others.

I hope I am doing the right thing, and NGCs registry points and collection values are not correct or I am going backwards big time.

I know it is right on my accounting, but it is fearsome to see your collection fall from number 198 to the 1200 level after adding so much money and apparent value.

Oh well, I think I am on the right track.

Enjoy looking at my new coin.

By the way, what I am trading off is common date things and many duplicates.

Capt. Brian

The Lost Navigator

16067.jpg

See more journals by CaptBrian1

Brian, on the top right of your registry make sure the "all coins" button is clicked and not just NGC coins. As you can see I clicked on the NGC coins for purposes of this picture and the PCGS coins in my set now have no points. I think you'll be happier with that button depressed.

mrk0zBx.png

"...it is fearsome to see your collection fall from number 198 to the 1200 level after adding so much money and apparent value."

Yep. Key word "apparent."