• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Down on your knees

24 posts in this topic

I wonder if the design elements would increase grip on the floor and prevent sliding, assuming of course that the coins are all lacquered together and glued down and don't slide on the flooring underneath.

Statistically, they'd have to lay 37,000 floors with as many cents they're using now before randomly coming across a 55/55

A few thousand less floors for the 09-S VDB.

And all of this assumes each and every cent minted since 1909 is still in circulation.

If you were to take into account there are probably no circulating key date Lincolns in the wild, the number of floors needed raise to near infinity.

ll, I am sure they use some type of adhesive (not the bucket at the end of the photo). Check it out at this website, lot of things to do with pennies. Perhaps the madam (wife) may have a good ideal for re-doing her floor...holidays coming up guys!! :D

www.pinterest.com ...

And the odds of winning the lottery is about 1 in 80,000,000 but somebody wins, and the odds of having my toast land on the floor jelly side up is 1 in 2, but I NEVER win that one

Yep, that's true. I always wondered why is it if we are eating something and drops it, why is it always the side we are eating on that ends up facing the floor. ..strange eh? I guess I changed the subject a little bit because I didn't get many post, but I enjoyed the reply I did get...just saying....

thanks

I been reading a little on Lincoln cents and surprised to see a 2003 graded MS70 Red, it grew a carbon spot and was down-graded to MS69 red. I cant find anything significant about that cent, what is it?

I been reading a little on Lincoln cents and surprised to see a 2003 graded MS70 Red, it grew a carbon spot and was down-graded to MS69 red. I cant find anything significant about that cent, what is it?

You have a link to that story? Or was that story in a printed publication?

Anyhow, I'm not too familiar with Lincoln Cents and I don't think 2003 was a low mintage year. I think the real significance of that coin was that it was a business strike graded MS70. That's the best grade it can get. And then to have a carbon spot ruin it and have it bumped down to a MS69. I think that would be a major heartbreaker to the owner.

I wonder what that floor will look like in a few years after foot traffic wears away the thin copper plating on those zinc cents. Zinc is a highly reactive metal and I'm guessing that floor will not look so good.

The 2003 was the only business strike Lincoln to receive a MS-70 grade, worth thousands. Then it grew the spot and PCGS had to buy it back uder ther grade guarantee. They had a similar problem a few years earlier with a PF-70 1964 cent that grew spots and they had to buy back for over 40K. These, and the MS and PF 70 ASE's that developed milkspots are the reason why their guarantee now does not cover coins that have turned in the holder after slabbing.

Maybe, instead of looking at cents being applied to a floor, there should be more knowledgeable sites/articles that 'someone' ought to be looking at. Given the question about whether that mutilated IHC should be 'cleaned', I think that delving into numismatics instead of flooring, might be more beneficial.

Besides, the 'Down on your knees' title could make a lot of us wonder if it's about coins in the first place!

I think that delving into numismatics instead of flooring, might be more beneficial.

They say you are either part of the problem or part of the solution, so........maybe you should be part of the solution and start some threads dealing with numismatics that are more to your liking, and ignore threads you don't enjoy. I have no issues with people learning by asking questions or showing the lighter side of coins. I don't eat, sleep and breathe coins.

And the odds of winning the lottery is about 1 in 80,000,000 but somebody wins, and the odds of having my toast land on the floor jelly side up is 1 in 2, but I NEVER win that one
that makes 2 of us.

oh, I just thought it would be a fun thing to do just for once. I knew there would be some criticism but I just thought it would be fun. Well, alright I will get back to the forum. Sorry, if I displeased a few but just for fun and some of the guys got and some didn't. Just really thought it would be fun for a change. :sick: