• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patience pays off

17 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a WLH for years to add to my collection. My criteria were quite simple, so I thought, but the search took a long long time. I wanted a non-1940's, non-proof, with blinding luster and a great strike. I finally I found one... picked up this coin months ago and finally got these great images done by Mark Goodman. Feel free to guess the grade:

1936hdobv.jpg

1936hdrev.jpg

What the image doesn't convey is the absolutely blinding luster. Which is why NGC gave it a star. The coin is residing comfortably in a 67* holder.

What the image doesn't convey is the absolutely blinding luster. Which is why NGC gave it a star. The coin is residing comfortably in a 67* holder.

The luster is probably what pushed the coin over to MS67 from NGC's perspective. It is a gorgeous piece.

The luster is probably what pushed the coin over to MS67 from NGC's perspective. It is a gorgeous piece.

That and the strike. This is a well-produced Philadelphia issue but this particular example is over the top. One of the sharpest I've seen.