• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Favorite Online Dealer for Supplies?

17 posts in this topic

I was wondering where you guys like to get coin supplies...like flips, boxes, snaps, etc.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Vernon Coin Center and Wizard Coin Supply. But some of the things Vernon carries, Wizard doesn't; and vice versa.

Who do you like to get supplies from?

When I was actively collecting, I used JP's Corner. Jerry always shipped promptly, and if there was ever a problem, he remedied it without question.

http://www.jpscorner.com/

Chris

PS. No supply house can afford to carry everything in their inventory.

I was unhappy with the sandwich coin mailers I was getting from Cheshire, they seemed to be designed to fall apart after just one use, so I found another one on ebay. Competition is healthy and no one should expect loyalty unless they earn it.

Wizard also sells my books and articles to the trade and retail.

But, I don't think they sell sandwich mailers -- wouldn't the sandwich get stale or moldy or stink after a few days....What about mailing an egg salad sandwich via registered mail.....?

Wizard also sells my books and articles to the trade and retail.

But, I don't think they sell sandwich mailers -- wouldn't the sandwich get stale or moldy or stink after a few days....What about mailing an egg salad sandwich via registered mail.....?

Roger, you have to opt for the refrigerated sandwich mailer.

Chris

Or you can get the shelf stable ones. Nothing better than getting off a C-130 and drinking a shelf stable milk that has been sitting outside all day............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Astro Train? was selling some supplies. I think

A day after I started this thread, I ordered some Premier coin holders, these:

ekpx60.jpg

from Vernon Coin Center. I ordered the Roosevelt dime-sized holders, but the company accidentally sent me Lincoln cent holders. I've ordered over 100 of these from Vernon and this was the first time there has been a problem. After emailing the company, they immediately responded and sent me the correct size, no questioned asked. I give that kind of customer service:

nojc7n.jpg

I use Amos Hobby for ordering the Coin World Premier holders Mr. Smith cites above. I get a small discount beyond the subscriber discount when I order a case of 525 of the same size. They were also quite responsive when I reported a manufacturing problem with many of them falling apart. They promptly sent replacements and a return shipping label for the defective ones.

Pretty much everything else comes from Wizard. Some stuff I order, some stuff I buy in person at shows. It all depending on how much I need, how I'm getting stuff home, and when I need it.

a manufacturing problem with many of them falling apart

Yeah, I do find that sometimes the plastic on the back of the Premier slabs will chip. But that's not the distributor's fault. I didn't know any other coin supplier that carried them. Sometimes Vernon will be out of stock. I'll check out Amos.

Amos has them manufactored by CP Technologies of Blacklick, OH. Once in a while a stacking tab will chip, but the problem I was having was that they didn't even stay together. This was essentially due to die wear on the molds, if I recall.

I've been getting flips and album pages from BCW Supplies. I used to use JP's Corner, but the items were inconsistent in quality.

Yeah, I am confident that if I didn't like them I could have returned them to JP's and they would have been great. However, and maybe I am not like other people, when I place a supply order, I want to check that off my to-do list. I don't want to have it resurface later with a need to return the unacceptable items (or not bother, but still feel unsatisfied), plus then I still need the items, so I have to place another order somewhere else. And I also don't want to have to call them on the phone, or email them, to ask questions about specific quality control issues which will seem trivial to them, and are hard to verify anyway because their definition of 'well aligned' or 'thick' and mine are subjective.

In the end, it was easier to just buy the stuff somewhere I knew what I would be getting.