• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Been Awhile. posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

added a couple more coins to my Modern Comm Set

Hi everybody,

It's been almost a year since my last post and last purchase...but I have visited regularly to keep up on the conversations and posts.

I recently got back into the game and made a couple purchases to add to my modern commemorative collection. The first is the MS Baseball Hall of Fame. I am a big baseball fan I think the Mint did a great job with this coin. Both the obverse and reverse along with the curved feature really make it stand out! I purchased both the MS and proof version of the $1 silver coin from the Mint and had no issues making the purchase or receiving the coins. Those 2 coins will remain ungraded.

Now, when I went looking for the graded versions on the secondary market...WTF!! I could not believe the prices being asked and received for these coins earlier this year! What are people thinking of when paying so much for a "replicated" autograph on the label. I could understand if it was a real autograph, but it is ridicules for a replica. So I just waited around and bid on the MS version with Hall of Fame label and won it for $84. I don't understand people sometimes....but it's their collection so I am happy for them.

The other coin I purchased is the Civil Rights act of 1964. All I can say about this coin is I believe the powers to be were lazy and just rehashed the 2013 Girls Scouts design. Very sad indeed!

Well everybody, enjoy your coins and I will try not to be too much of a stranger.

Jeffrey

16015.jpg

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

Good to see that you are plugging away on that great set of yours!!

I too have been somewhat pre occupied the past year -- not to mention

financial stress to boot. Hope to start grading submissions the 1st of next month.

Later---Rick