• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sorry if this doesnt come out right

20 posts in this topic

What is the purpose for using photobucket, etc.?

You don't have to use Photobucket if you have some kind of photo program on your computer. I think most of the others were assuming that you had no such program.

Personally, I use ACDSee to host all the photos on my computer, but it does cost for the software.

Once you've learned how to upoad images, the next thing you need to learn is how to modify them (crop & resize) before you post them here.

Chris

Yes, I have the program on my computer. No wonder I was so confused. I thought I had to use photo bucket, paint net, etc.. to resize and crop. I can only crop in the preview window of my fax and scan program on my computer. Not sure about frames, etc. that photo bucket have. I will have to check "tools" in my scan window I been beating my head up against the wall...(not really) and spending a lot of time. Yes, I was "terribly" confused.

I was trying to make my photos look nice and pretty like the rest of the group.

Good to know that now...not able to rotate (only do that in photobucket,etc.

Only resize I can do is zoom in and zoom out. I can do more in photo bucket window but still not able to work with that as much. Don't understand how to share with this forum..

I told you, you only needed a camera, (or scanner in your case) and computer to post pictures, Those are scans I presume, they are good enough to ask your questions.

To get them to look nice and pretty like some of the others requires more money, equipment, time, experimentation, knowledge, lights, etc.....you don't need that. If you want to collect, spend your money on coins

Yes, I have the program on my computer. No wonder I was so confused. I thought I had to use photo bucket, paint net, etc.. to resize and crop. I can only crop in the preview window of my fax and scan program on my computer. Not sure about frames, etc. that photo bucket have. I will have to check "tools" in my scan window I been beating my head up against the wall...(not really) and spending a lot of time. Yes, I was "terribly" confused.

I was trying to make my photos look nice and pretty like the rest of the group.

Good to know that now...not able to rotate (only do that in photobucket,etc.

Only resize I can do is zoom in and zoom out. I can do more in photo bucket window but still not able to work with that as much. Don't understand how to share with this forum..

I'm glad you are making good progress.

I used to use this free program to edit images: Irfanview

I was doing some research on how to use Microsoft media center and I was asking the question how to "edit photos from there and someone suggested that site. I saw that funny little guy bouncing across the screen, looked like satan, so I decided not to bother.

I had to work with it before I got it right. I thought I "had" to use photo bucket, etc. to edit and post. Photo bucket has more options than my scanner. I don't have rotating and framing but, I guess it's good enough

I have windows fax and scan. I can crop before scanning and zoom in and zoom out, brighten or darken. No option to frame, resize, rotate, etc. as in photo bucket. Still trying to work with photo bucket though

I have windows fax and scan. I can crop before scanning and zoom in and zoom out, brighten or darken. No option to frame, resize, rotate, etc. as in photo bucket. Still trying to work with photo bucket though

Cropping before scanning? That doesn't make sense! It would be like swinging a baseball bat before the pitcher has thrown the ball.

Chris

Do you have the program called Paint on your system. It comes with most computers. I'm not talking about Paint Shop.

To find it, click on START at the lower left hand side of your screen.

Click on ACCESSORIES. Click on PAINT. It will crop for you.

To crop using Photo Bucket, click on EDITOR at the top and pick an image to edit. Play with it. It's really easy once you do it once.

Yes, the program that I have instruct me to do that. I use window fax and scan. It allows me to crop the coin before scanning because if I didn't the coin would show up very tiny and all that would show up in the photo would be the scanner's bed. That has happened to me several times. Of course if I was using photo bucket, I would save the photo from my computer and crop it when I get to photo bucket. I have a hard time with photo bucket right now.

Thank you, I have never used accessories on my computer but, yes I have the program. I took two computer classes in college and we were not told about those things. We were just told about how to use the computer to assist us in the school's environment. I been watching videos on You Tube to try to learn how to use photo bucket but, they are all different and the website isn't much help for beginners. simply put, just have to play around with it. all scanned documents, photos are sent to my document folders. Now I have to open it up in Paint window and crop. Window fax and scan program on my computer allows me to do that before scanning. if I didn't crop before scanning the photo, in this case the coin, would be a tiny thing, and all I would get would be the scanner's bed. So that is why I have to crop before scanning. By the way what is the significance of the number times number at the bottom of the screen of paint? The number has px, I assume for pixels. This may be the width times the height in pixels? The larger the number the larger the photo? This forum will not accept anything larger that 200 pixels? Is that a correct assumption?

Thank you for the info

you are still going to see the scanner's bed..

The scanner program is only adjusting the area that gets scanned. That cuts out most of the bed of the scanner. Save the image. You said they are saved to My Documents. That's great.

Open the Paint program that you have on your system. At the top left side click on the top button or the one under it. Click on open. Find My Documents. Click on the image you wish to crop. It should open the image. Now is when you crop the image and save it again.

Upload it to the bucket.

RWB (FYI)

I used to use this free program to edit images: Irfanview

This link you posted for this program, the last time I just wanted to take a look to see what this program could do...WOW! my Avast Anti-Spyware did not like this site and removed some apps, then my Malware found 2 suspicious downloads and quarantined those, I also removed two unauthorized downloads from my control panel...it was a mess.

sigh....still have a lot to learn, a lot of guys are tired of me sending so many posts about his topic. I am a hard worker, I am up until two A.M. trying to get it right. I don't give up easily. I like photo bucket better because of the options but darn it. I click on resize, apply the changes, and the thumb nail still don't change. I watched all types of video on Youtube and they are all different but the aim is the same. That's why I am so confused.

The size of the thumbnail is not going to change.

Crop the image in Paint. You don't need to resize using the bucket.

You upload the image to the bucket at the size you want.

There is a little gear shaped icon in the upper right corner of the upload window. Click on it and pick the size you want.