• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone post this across the street........

4 posts in this topic

Very interesting. I may as well comment across the street too.

I am curious how these coins were obtained. It appears to be a nearly totally random sample except that there are far too many 1967 coins represented. There are a few other anomalies but they can be explained by chance. I'm guessing some of these were obtained in rolls or batches and one batch was contaminated with '67's. This used to be a rarity but with more people looking at the coins it is seen on occasion.

Thanks for the info.

2nd paragraph added in edit

Krypto,

Thanks for posting for me.

Cladking,

Most of the coins were from change. I was keeping a jug and took the quarters out. Every once in a while I would pick up a roll from the bank or from a cashier. At one time I went to the bank and picked up a roll and after opening it, I found all the quarters were all Delaware (I think) quarters so I did not count those in the listing.

Since I'm on the East coast, I was hoping I could find someone on the West coast who would work on the project with me. I figured being from the East coast I was getting more P mint coins, I was hoping I would see the opposite from the West coast. By doing so, I would have a more realistic number from each mint. I was surprised by the amount of Quarters I would from the 60's as well but there was no rhymn or reason. I received them in rolls and I found them in change. Then again, there was over a billion of them minted.

Dave